Friday, May 25, 2007

David Hasselhoff Ex Pamela Bach Kept Hoff Alchoholism Secret

Pamela Bach says keeping ex-husband David Hasselhoff's alcoholism a secret was the "glue" holding their family together.

Hasselhoff filed for divorce in January 2006 shortly after Bach left for their Christmas vacation without him because he was reportedly too drunk to board the flight.

Bach admits she often took the couple's two daughters, Taylor-Ann, 17, and Hayley, 14, away from Hasselhoff in a bid to convince him to get sober.

She told Hello! magazine: "We went home without him and when he got back we didn't see him. He went from hotel to hotel and ended up in hospital with alcohol poisoning.

"I regularly left him to try to make an indent and I'd always take the girls to the Disneyland Hotel so they wouldn't worry about why we'd left."When the girls were asleep I'd do my crying, but he'd lure me back. He'd say, 'I'm not going to drink anymore', and I'd fall for it.
"There was a lot of love, but it was all about keeping the big family secret, that was part of our glue. A lot of my friends didn't know. My parents didn't even know."
Bach claims Hasselhoff rushed into filing for divorce after he heard she had been looking for a lawyer.
She said: "I asked around for a good attorney. I wasn't going to get a divorce, I just wanted to get educated. Then I got a call saying David's filing for divorce. It was like he wanted to beat me to it, even though I wasn't at that point."
Despite their bitter split, Bach has admitted she will always love the actor.
She said: "In divorce you can't talk. You communicate through lawyers. But I still love him, and always will. This is not doomsday for me. This is the beginning for me. I wish him the best." (c) BANG

No comments: